In Matricerias company Madrid We work in the manufacture and production of parts and construction of cutting dies, benders, stuffers, etc. Also, we are specialized in the design of conventional and progressive dies, dies and tools; auxiliary engineering in the development of parts; cutting, folding, cold stamping and drawing operations; drilling and tapping processes of all kinds of metrics; machining and grinding; manipulation, assembly and packaging of assemblies, metallic and electronic components; and in manual and robotic welding. In today's post we are going to focus on the latter, the welding.
Welding consists of joining two materials – usually metals – by means of fusion in which both pieces are melted. In addition, a filler material is added so that, when cooled, said joint is fixed.
There are two types of welds when it comes to metal materials, namely:
- Homogeneous welding: the materials used are of the same nature, as well as the filler material. Within this type, there are two subtypes: oxycetylene welding and electrical resistance.
- Heterogeneous welding: the opposite of the previous one, the molten materials are of a different nature. They can also be of the same nature, but using a filler material of a different nature. Within this type we find two subtypes: soft and brazing.
On the other hand, we find arc welding, which is low cost and creates a voltaic arc between the metal being welded and the welder's electrode. The arc heats up and melts the metal. This type of welding has a low cost, which means that it is one of the most used in the industry. Arc welding has several subtypes:
- Electric arc welding.
- MMAW welding. Also called manual metal arc welding.
- MIG welding. It uses metal inert gas.
- TIG welding. It uses tungsten inert gas.
In addition to the previous examples, the union of two metals can also be carried out by replacing heat with vibration and pressure, making the materials exchange atoms. Some of the subtypes of this weld are as follows:
- ultrasonic welding.
- Explosion weld.
- Friction welding.
- roller welding.
- Cold welding.
- Hot pressure welding.
- Induction welding.
- Diffusion welding.
- Electromagnetic pulse welding.
It is important to remember that welding must be carried out by professionals, since if the process is not carried out properly or with the necessary protective equipment, an accident may occur. In Die Center We take care of all kinds of welding. Do not doubt contact us to receive more information.