To explain what the die-cut First we need to see what a die is. well, a die It is a piece with sharp edges that is used to stamp or cut different products such as sheet metal, cardboard, leather, paper, plastic, etc. by applying a certain force.
Therefore, the stamping would be the action of cut off with precision either shape a certain geometry on a plate or sheet of different materials. All this is the result of a mechanical operation carried out by presses or stamping machines.
The die cutters can be manuals and are generally used in the domestic sphere. To give us an idea with an everyday example, a die-cutter is the instrument we use to make holes in the sheets and thus be able to store them in ring binders. Another example of die-cutting would be the printing of the faces of the coins that we use every day.
On the other hand, there are also die-cutters for use industrial They have great technology and power and are made up of mechanical presses designed to cut all kinds of materials. Although the die-cutter not only fulfills the cutting function, but can be used in the same way for punching, bending, drawing or curving.
Types of dies:
- dies simple: They only allow you to perform a single operation for each hit. Therefore, their level of productivity is low and they do not give rise to a finished product, but the material would have to continue working to achieve the expected result.
- dies compounds: allow two or more operations to be carried out per blow, taking advantage of the force exerted by the ram. With this type it is possible to speed up the process, but it is still difficult to achieve a successful product.
- dies progressive: these are the most effective since they consist of different phases in which they work on the material, printing the different sequences set by the designer. In this way, a finished product is obtained.
Advantages of die-cutting:
There are numerous businesses that can benefit from die cutting. We want to dedicate this section to talk about the advantages of this procedure and so you can see if it can help you in your business, processes or products. The most significant advantages are:
- Reduce manufacturing times.
- It favors the automation of tasks.
- Helps reduce costs.
- It allows making equal products without losing quality.
The professionals of Die Center We are at your disposal to answer any questions about die-cutting or how it can help you in your business. Do not doubt contact us for more information.
Tell us what you think of this article, Rate (FROM 1 TO 5 STARS).
I am interested in learning the die-cutting technique
Good morning, we need a die-cutter to cut tissue paper and we need a die-cutter for this purpose as well as the die-cutter. The idea is to take cuts of 20×2, 30×30 and 50×20. Would this be possible with you?
I thank you in advance for your collaboration and I remain awaiting your comments.
I would like to know the parts of the dies